Dear Cros-Lex Families:
On November 6, 2020, the high school administration was informed by the Sanilac County Health Department of a confirmed COVID-19 case with one high school student. You can find updated information on our COVID-19 Dashboard HERE,
Croswell Lexington High School will remain OPEN at this time. We are working closely with the Sanilac County Health Department to identify Close Contacts of School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Anyone identified as a Close Contact will be notified by the health department as a part of the COVID-19 investigation process. Please answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information. If you are contacted by the health department and asked to quarantine, please refer to the link HERE for further information. In addition to the County Health Department contact to families, the School Administration will also be in contact with families directly impacted by the quarantine.
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
· Wear a mask while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit.
· Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
· Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer.
· Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
· Cover coughs /sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your and wash your hands.
· Stay home if you are sick; you can also follow the link to get tested or call
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, please contact the Sanilac County Health Department at 810.270.5889. You can also call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus for answers to your COVID-19 questions.
NOV 09, 2020