Dear Cros-Lex Families:
Over this past weekend, the District Administration was informed by the Sanilac County Health Department of one new confirmed positive COVID-19 case of a District Staff Member, who works in our early childhood program, and at the elementary level.
We are working closely with the Sanilac County Health Department to identify Close Contacts of School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Anyone identified as a Close Contact will be notified by the health department as a part of the COVID-19 investigation process. Please answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information. If you are contacted by the health department and asked to quarantine, please refer to the linkfor further information. In addition to the County Health Department contact to families, the School Administration will also be in contact with families directly impacted by the quarantine.
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol).
- Follow of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also follow the link to or call 810.206.0682.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
As always, please contact your school or the district office with any questions. For any COVID-19 specific questions, please reach out to the the Sanilac County Health Department at 810.270.5889. You can also call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visitfor answers to your COVID-19 questions.