Dear Cros-Lex Families:
Monday evening January 4, 2021, the District Administration confirmed through the Sanilac County Health Department of one new positive COVID-19 case at Frostick Elementary.
We are working closely with the Sanilac County Health Department to identify Close Contacts of School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Based on the Sanilac County Health Department guidelines associated with this one positive case, and the required contact tracing protocols, we are not anticipating anyone in our district to be asked to quarantine in this case.
Anyone identified as a Close Contact will be notified by the health department as a part of the COVID-19 investigation process. Please answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information. If you are contacted by the health department and asked to quarantine, please refer to the link HERE for further information. In addition to the County Health Department contact to families, the School Administration will also be in contact with families directly impacted by the quarantine.
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol).
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also follow the link to get tested or call 810.206.0682.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment, while also providing quality education.
As always, please contact your school or the district office with any questions. For any COVID-19 specific questions, please reach out to the Sanilac County Health Department at 810.270.5889. You can also call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus for answers to your COVID-19 questions.