The Complete Notice and application can be found at: https://5il.co/1d2l2
On Friday, June 24, 2022, Board of Education Trustee Nathan Butler submitted a letter of resignation from the Croswell-Lexington Board of Education, effective Friday, July 1, 2022.
The process of filling the vacant board position is as follows:
1. If the majority of the Board is still seated, the vacancy shall be filled by the Board using the
A. The Board may seek qualified and interested candidates who are residents of the Croswell-
Lexington Community Schools district through the news media, word of mouth, and
contacts with appropriate organizations.
B. All applicants are to submit a notice of their interest (letter of application) and include the
attached Board of Education Applicant Questionnaire completed to Katie Gordon, Board of
Education President, Croswell-Lexington Community Schools, 5407 E. Peck Road, Croswell,
C. The Board will discuss candidates in an open session at a special board meeting scheduled
for July 11, 2022. Appointment by the Board to fill a vacancy shall be by majority vote of
the Board. The Board will make their decision at the next regularly scheduled board meeting
at 7:00 p.m., Monday, July 18, 2022.
2. If the vacancy is not filled within thirty (30) days after it occurs, the Board of the Sanilac
Intermediate School District shall fill the vacancy by appointment.
The letter of application is due by 3:00 p.m., Friday, July 1, 2022.
An individual will be appointed to fill the vacant position until the November 8, 2022 election has been held and certified and a newly elected individual has been sworn-in to fill the remainder of this position’s term.
If there are any further questions, please contact Central Office at 810-679-1002.
BOARD OF EDUCATION APPLICANT LETTER OF INTEREST
(Questionnaire To Be Included With Letter of Interest) Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2022, 3:00 p.m.
Please submit your typed letter of interest to serve on the Croswell-Lexington Community Schools Board of Education to President Gordon. Your letter of interest should include why you are interested in serving on the school board and what do you see as the role of a school board member.
BOARD OF EDUCATION APPLICANT QUESTIONNAIRE (Questionnaire To Be Included With Letter of Interest) Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2022, 3:00 p.m.
1. At times you may be caught between legitimately opposing points of view. There may be a difference between your personal point of view and the policy or law that you’re required to uphold as a trustee. How will you handle this?
2. Identify a recent board decision that you felt strongly about and describe how you would balance community concerns, student needs, state and federal law, staff considerations and your personal value and beliefs to determine how to vote on the issue.
3. An average month for a school board member includes about five scheduled meetings and perhaps another five school or community related activities. In addition, there’s daily email correspondence, required reading and district updates. How will you fit this into your schedule?
4. What would you like to see changed in the district and how do you envision your role in that change?
5. If appointed to the board, would you seek re-election when the appointment expires?