On Saturday, October 6, 2018 the Cros-Lex Transportation Department was invited to attend some emergency training held for the local firefighters. This training involved a car/bus collision. It was interesting to watch as firefighters worked to gain access to these vehicles. Our drivers were called upon to answer some questions the firefighters had about our buses. The training was quite informative for both our bus drivers and the local fire departments.
Under the law, motorists must come to a complete stop at least 20 feet from a school bus whenever a bus is stopped and employing the use of its two red flashing signals. ... When yellow hazard warning lights are flashing on a moving or stopped bus: Drive with caution and be prepared to stop.
We are Hiring!
Croswell-Lexington Community Schools is hiring bus drivers through Thumb Educational Services.
- Six hours of paid on-site/online training before taking the written skills test for a CDL.
- Paid on-site bus driving training
- District will cover cost of CDL, fingerprinting, DOT physical, driving test and beginning bus school.
- Bonus of $300 after driving for five months with another $300 bonus after one full year.
- $13.49/hour for training and sub driving, $15.05/hour for regular driving
To become a bus driver download ThumbEd application and contact Lori Martin at (810) 679-1070
If you have any question please call 679-1070. Per Croswell-Lexington District procedure, students riding the bus may have one pick-up and one drop-off point. Please do not ask the bus driver to drop your child off at a different stop, or to be dropped off with a friend. Thank you for your cooperation.