Welcome to Cros-Lex Community Schools
Dear Croswell Lexington Community Schools Families and Friends:
I want to begin this letter to first thank you for choosing to send your children to Croswell - Lexington Community Schools! It is an honor to have the opportunity to serve your children / adolescents at our schools here in our beautiful community. Our goal in 2018-19 will be to continue to strive to serve families in a caring welcoming environment, with innovative educational programs, and a world class education to all of the students who attend Cros-Lex Schools.
I also would like to take the opportunity to inform all registered voters of Cros-Lex schools, that the community faces an important Operating Millage Renewal and Restoration vote on August 7th, 2018. Linked to this message HERE is a Frequently Asked Questions document which covers the key points and details related to this important Operating Millage Renewal vote. Below are some of the key facts:
- The election will be held on Tuesday August 7th, 2018 - polls open at 7:00 am and close at 8:00 pm. To find your voting location go to: Michigan Voter Information
- This Millage is a renewal levy for non homestead properties (second homes, businesses, etc.)
- The proposal would retain the millage at 18 mills.
- This Millage is not paid on primary residence property.
- The District’s per student funding assumes the full 18 mills is levied. The State of Michigan will not make up the $3,600,000 in state assumed school revenue for 2019 if the vote were turned down.
The annual operating budget of the district is approximately $20 million, which includes key expenditures such as curriculum resources / materials, school supplies, athletic programs, building and grounds maintenance, student transportation, employee compensation, utilities, and all other expenses associated the day to day operations associated with educating our students. If voters approve this Operating Millage Renewal, Cros-Lex Schools will continue to receive full funding for daily operations at approximately $3,600,000 per year beginning in 2019.
Please visit our website HERE for more information, and remember to mark your calendars to vote on August 7th 2018.